Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Irresolute

Over the past few days, I've thought up myriad New Year's resolutions for myself: learn Italian, get a cat (see photo above), make soup every weekend so that I can stop eating the crap out of a can during the week. I know that most of these are just sort of fleeting aspirations. While I may make an effort to follow through on one or two of them, I don't see myself becoming a maestro of the Italian language or an expert soup-maker. I do have one other resolution that I want to take more seriously, though, and that is to let it go. "It" can be almost anything, anything that makes me angry, anxious or annoyed. So that makes a lot of its. Basically, I want to stop making myself crazy over things I can't control. Simple, right? This might be the most challenging resolution I've ever made for myself, but I also think it's the most important and will provide the most benefit if I succeed in releasing (even the tiniest bit) the death grip I always want to have on my life.

So there it is. I wish you all the luck in the world in sticking with your own resolutions this year, but even more I wish you happiness and acceptance once you realize those resolutions weren't all that important, and you simply let them go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home