Monday, January 21, 2008

Owen's Arrival


For a long time now, I've wanted my own cat, and Saturday, I got one! This is Owen, the newest addition to our little family. He's an 8-month-old tabby who already weighs close to 11 pounds. He's going to be a big guy, that's for sure, but that's OK. The nicest cat I ever owned (out of the 3 my family had when I was growing up) was a giant orange male named Watson. He was a gentle giant, though; my mom recently reminded me that I used to dress him up in doll clothes, and he barely batted an eyelash.

Owen is kind of a firecracker right now. When he's awake, he's all up in your business, dancing on the keyboard, head butting your hand away from the mouse (even now, as I type this), but I love him already. What can I say? I'm an unabashed cat lover and a sucker for those big green eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home