Monday, July 19, 2004

Cardinals 5 Cubs 4

So the Cubs lost.  But the game was well worth attending.  Baker bought a score card, and I actually scored most of the game, adding a few special touches where I saw fit.  Scott Rolen became Scott Rolen Rollin' Rollin' and I even invented a code for what happened in the ever-so-entertaining eighth inning: UHMP (OUCH), which stands for "Ump Hit in Man Region (OUCH)." 

And I'm sticking to my theory that Zambrano intentionally hit Jim Edmonds a second time so that he could leave the game.  The ump barely had his thumb up in the air by the time Zambrano had left the mound.
 
All that and a bench-clearing brawl (well, without the brawl) makes for a good time at the ballpark as I see it.  I think I could get used to this whole baseball thing.  Too bad I have to wait until next Monday to see the Cubs again live (though then we'll be at Miller Park).

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

STL P Chris Carpenter was pitching for my fantasy team, the Tarantulas. So it looks like we all came out pretty well. As for your delightful UHMR(OUCH) notation, it easily tops other scorecard classics such as HWHOP (he walked him on purpose). TBC

12:51 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

by the way, lovely stuff on WSJ arts page today re Millennium Park and Seurat at Chicago Art Inst. TBC

12:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home