Thursday, November 04, 2004

'Tis the Season

Good lord, people, it’s already November 4th. Of course I’m talking about the Christmas season! That being said, in hopes of inspiring you to run out and make sense of your boring lives by buying me something, I’ve decided to post a version of my Christmas list.

Dana’s Christmas List 2004

1. Felicity Season 3 DVD set
2. my chenille rug shipped out to Chicago
3. goggles and bathing cap
4. subscription to internet music service or gift card/certificate for certain number of songs
5. cooking lessons
6. flannel comforter cover (in sage green, French blue, white, tan color combination)
and flannel sheets (in any one of colors listed above, for double bed)
7. crock pot
8. “It’s Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown” video
9. fleece jacket
10. nice white tee shirts

But Christmas isn’t only about presents; it’s also about cheesy music and TV specials. Of course if you know my family, you know we’ve already blown the dust off the cassette tapes and started playing carols both on the east coast and here in “the heartland.” So join me in a rousing rendition of “Hark the Herald Angles Sing,” and let’s get ready for Santa, the reindeer, the elves, and the feverish consumerism that embody the holiday spirit!

p.s. You’ve probably noticed by now that I didn’t mention the elephant in the room (talk about a double entendre.) You know, the one that’s been hanging around since early Wednesday morning. Well I’m still not going to mention it, at least until I can get some perspective on the whole thing and perhaps settle back into the state of cynical malaise in which I usually approach politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home