Saturday, February 05, 2005

What a Tease

I walked home from the gym today in my tee-shirt, bare white arms soaking up every drop of sunshine. It felt like early-April; it must have hit 55 degrees. If only my poor sun-drenched arms would believe me when I tell them to enjoy it now, cause come next week (and the week after that, and the week after that...) they'll be buried again beneath seventeen layers of wool and fleece.

It's amazing how delightful 50 degrees can feel after several weeks of well below freezing temperatures. And it's equally amazing just how much of a shock it'll be when winter reappears, laughing and sneering, saying, "Remember me? You thought I was over, didn't you? Can't you read the calendar, foo? It's only February! I gots me lots more time to freeze yo' face. Ha HAAAAAAAAAH!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home