Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Tom and Katie

I know I should be above celebrity gossip, but... I'm just totally weirded out by the Tom Cruise - Katie Holmes relationship. First of all, I've never understood the Tom Cruise attraction. Hello, he's 5'7"! Second of all, he's 42 and she's 26. He was 16 when she was born. What could they possibly have in common?

My theory (OK, I'm sure it's not original) about celebrity relationships is that they're all necessarily based on the shared experience of being in the spotlight. Once both parties involved realize that's all there is, the relationship crumbles. Hence, the only real successful celebrity relationships seem to be those in which one person is far less famous than the other or not a celebrity at all.

Meanwhile, I gave this romance a year, a year and a half, tops - purely by virtue of the fact that Tom seems to like to draw these things out as long as he possibly can. Afterward, Katie will go back and look at this picture and realize she should have knelt down, looked little Tommy in the eye, and ended it then and there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so much is wrong with this whole situation. for one thing, doesn't katie spell her name Homes instead of Holmes? That's a Realtor's name, not an actress's. Or else is the acronym for the Great Lakes. Hmm, Cruise the Great Lakes -- maybe they were made for each other after all

10:01 AM

 
Blogger Dana said...

Checking to see if I had indeed mis-spelled Katie's last name (I'm still pretty sure it's Holmes), I found this priceless account of the relationship in French:
Tom Cruise sous le charme de Katie Holmes

9:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK OK, I checked imdb.com, a reliable Internet source, and the frequent cases you see when the name is spelled Homes are in error. Holmes it is. But you know, she's from Toledo, Ohio -- which is on a Great Lake!

1:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home