Monday, May 09, 2005

Get ready to hear me gloat

Yes, I passed my master’s exam today. Yes, I get to come back next year for more obscure literary discussion, endless readings, and test anxiety. I couldn’t be happier.

So aside from spending several hours this morning watching the seconds tick by until my oral exam and fighting to hold down breakfast, today has been a good day. And my plan for the rest of the week is celebration. Tonight will feature a tour of Chicago’s Mexican restaurants for some margaritas, tomorrow an on-campus event for a student who will have just finished her PhD. orals, and Thursday I fly back to the east side (you know it’s the best side) for some birthday festivities done up Berkshire-style. So don’t even talk to me about work…

Unfortunately, I also have to teach 2 hours tomorrow and read Rousseau’s epic treatise on education for class on Wednesday afternoon. These tasks pale in comparison to the one I just finished, though, so you might say I’m not too worried about them. Right now I’m just ready to resume my pathetic excuse for a social life and celebrate with friends.

p.s. I've found a new favorite channel on AOL radio: Prom Songs.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i could find that prom song station on aol. i can just imagine: ``moments to remember,'' by the four lads, followed by marty robbins' ``a white sport coat and a pink carnation.'' my kind of stuff, especially in my old age. apc some guidance as to where it is on AOL Radio (and BTW, you're entitled to a long, sweet gloat). GPL, TBC

1:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and if the backstreet boys are back, can hansen be far behind? MMMMM- BOP! tbc

1:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home