Monday, May 02, 2005

Ms. Productivity

Satuday night I made cottage cheese pancakes. Last night I whipped up some chili honey lime chicken and coconut rice. Tonight I'm planning sauteed tofu with peanut sauce. Why is that, now, mere days from my master’s exam, I have spent more time in the kitchen cooking than I have the entire 8 months I have lived here so far?

I have a theory or two. The first is that focusing on a large task (such as this exam) has a way of generating a heightened sense of focus and energy in me. I am able to manage multiple activities more effectively and more efficiently than ever because I am in a constant state of hyper-productivity thanks to my constant studying. The second is that I’m a master procrastinator. I think, as Baker likes to say, it’s a little from column A, a little from column B…

You’ve also probably noticed that this is the third day in a row I’ve updated my blog. Again, a bi-product of my current lifestyle. One week + one half hour from today I will emerge (hopefully triumphantly) from this monomaniacal existence and again enter into the world of the living. I will emerge from my chrysalis a social butterfly.

I will no doubt disappear from Blogland for at least a week and subsist on nothing but canned soup and bagels once again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home