Friday, November 11, 2005

Oh the mundanity ...

corn close-up

It's my first quiet Friday at home in two weeks and I have managed to do everything that I needed/wanted to do besides schoolwork. I ran for 22 (virtually) pain-free minutes, my first real run in many weeks of nursing a bum knee. I cleaned the bathroom and the office, even laying out a towel and a freshly-cased pillow, in preparation for a weekend visit from a friend from out of town. I did laundry. I ran the dish-washer. I even vacuumed the couch, for goodness sake.

But now I am exhausted and have no desire to read Mallarme. He is a feisty little devil who has been nagging me since the beginning of the quarter, taunting me with his obscure symbolism and his paradoxical project. I'm determined to get him once and for all.

But it looks like he will win again this afternoon. Those freshly vacuumed couch cushions look too soft and welcoming to ignore...

p.s. The corn is just cause it's fall.
p.p.s. The biggest little game in America is tomorrow. I will be watching. Amherst will win.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so good to see that corn again, reminder of our last visit -- which in turn, prompts forward-looking thoughts of our next time together in just a few weeks! the Biggest Little Game served a purpose, de-mythologizing Division 3 footbsll in my mind once and for all. It was a game of poor quality and little drama. Next case! GPL, TBC

1:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home