Sunday, February 26, 2006

All the color has gone out of my life...

I am sick and have spent the weekend doing little besides moaning and lying on the sofa between brief attempts at getting work done (which have been unproductive, to say the least.)

Meanwhile, I have let more than a week pass since my last post, and I am heading into the last three weeks of the quarter, better known as "grad student hell." If you were expecting to come here and find something witty, uplifting, or poetic, stop reading now.

I haven't got much to say. My brain is swimming with analysis of Diderot's depiction of pantomime, dream sequences in Georges Perec's work, and the tension between similarity and difference in Louis Le Roy's view of French history. Never before have I had to write 3 15-page papers over the course of one final's week. I tried to start early, but I fear it wasn't early enough.

If you are looking for some light-hearted humor, I do have one suggestion. Hunt down the episode of Trading Spaces in which the production staff hires Chicago actors to play the homeowners and the whole team pulls one over on Hildi and Doug. It is absolutely hilarious, even if you're not that into Trading Spaces. Trust me, this is some funny stuff, especially when you stumble across it after realizing you have to bail out on a game of Lazer Tag with friends because you just too feel too crappy to play.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's a happy story -- feeling a little scratchy in the throat, i did monday night what u did the night before. HIT THE BED EARLY, SLEPT A LONG TIME. Feelin better today! it works. GPL< TBC

1:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home