Tuesday, November 09, 2004

There's no "I" in TEAM

So I've gone crawling back. I just couldn't stay away. The lure of that tightly-knit group of people striving for a common goal, pushing themselves to their physical limits, becoming one, was just too strong.

Which means I've started winter training with the crew team. Why on earth would somebody decide to subject herself to the mind-numbing torture that is erging on a regular basis with only the slightest glimmer of hope that she might be able to actually climb into a boat again in the spring? Good question.

But like I said, it's that desire to be part of a team again. Unfortunately, it's hard to bond with teammates when you can't actually share the common goal: to get revenge on those boats that beat you in the fall. So who knows how long it'll last. But for today, I'm feeling pretty good about those four 5-minute pieces I did this morning, even if it did mean getting up at quarter to seven. Hey, for the rest of the team, it was a sleep-in.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bully for you! just please leave yourself space to cut back if things get too busy... meanwhile, our tiny annual contrib to the Fairest was earmarked half for ACRA, and i'll count it among the high spots of homecoming weekend if i find the current contingent erging near the entrance to pratt field. GPL, TBC

10:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home