Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Trials and Tribulations

New Year's? Again? I could sit here and ruminate on the ridiculousness that is the passage of time, but I won't. It's too overwhelming.

On an equally depressing note, I'll discuss instead the woes of apartment living. Noisy upstairs neighbors and creepy cockroaches are rearing their ugly heads again. Poisonous spray and letters to the landlord are part of my counterattack, the efficacy of both still somewhat in question.

And if you told me in early December that I'd ever say what I'm about to, I'd laugh you right out of the city, but I'm actually ready to start the work again. I busied myself this morning with unpacking and cleaning out and rearranging, which theoretically I could do forever, but now I'm bored. Dare I say... bring on the Baudelaire, the Chretien de Troyes, and the resumes de texte. I need something to stress out about.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

though you are still in your first year of grad school, i blv you may have learned everything essential there is to learn. this heart of knowledge, this grasp of all philosophy, is expressed in the words ``ready to start the work again.'' GPL,TBC

11:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home