Friday, December 03, 2004

Dear Santa

Day 3: "Write a letter to Santa."

Here goes...

Dear Santa,

If you could possibly squeeze it into your busy toy-making schedule, I would like to request my presents be delivered a little early this year. I'm not asking for much; in fact you won't need the sleigh, the reindeer, and all that jazz. A simple 8 x 12" folder is all that's required for this delivery.

What I'm looking for is a couple of really well-written papers, one in French and one in English. The French one should discuss the paradox of a simultaneous dependence on time and timelessness in Richard Millet's Un Renard dans le nom and the English one should deal with the confession project in Camus's The Fall. If it's not too much trouble, I'd prefer they'd be written by someone really, really smart, perhaps not one of the elves. Haven't you got any genius literary theorists up there at the North Pole?

So if it's not too tall an order to fill, I'll need these by next Friday. You can slip them down the chimney if it's easiest but maybe sliding them under the door would ensure they get to me unsoiled.

Thanks a lot. I'll be waiting...

love, Dana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home