Saturday, April 09, 2005

Lost in Translation

Today I attend a conference on translation called Le Mot Juste at the Alliance Francaise. Despite the nagging feeling that I should really be reading instead or at least doing something outside to take advantage of the good weather, I’m looking forward to it.


It’s always strange to go back to somewhere you once worked though. I doubt I’ll see any of my supervisors, since it’s Saturday and they’re not usually there then. But there’s always the possibility of that. Awkward small talk. Faking interest in each other’s lives since last summer. Gotta love it.

Meanwhile, the engagement of friends seems to have become a weekly phenomenon now. All this marriage among people I know just adds to the “jeez I’m getting old” feeling that’s been haunting me lately. That’s not to say I’m not psyched for the upcoming weddings. Just as long as you don’t wear a hat like this, I am more than happy to partake in any and all festivities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home