Monday, March 28, 2005

Welcome Back...

I’m back. Back in Chicago, back to chewing gum, back doing what I was doing before. Trying to work hard. Trying not to stress out. Trying not to think too much about all the reading, studying, and thinking I have to do in the next 6 weeks and 5 days (or so) before my master’s exam. And I haven’t even started classes yet this quarter.

But even though I’m back to my old ways, I’m ready to develop a new mindset. I want to stop worrying so much. I want to relax and enjoy myself more without feeling guilty about it. I want to stop fearing failure so much. And I’m sure you’re ready for me to stop doing these things because then maybe I won’t write so much about them here.

So I’m open to suggestions. Either comment or email me or just send me good vibes I guess.

Day 1 looked like this. I took a yoga class. It was a good stretch but I’m not sure I’m ready to be enlightened by the deep soothing breaths. But I’m not going to give up on it. I’m going to try to go again next Monday and see what happens. I think this new mindset should include the axiom: “There are no quick fixes” or something along those lines. No one activity is going to immediately provide relief from all stress.

Although running comes pretty close sometimes. I just came back from a short jog around Promontory Point in the crisp but delightfully comfortable early spring evening air. Everyone was out soaking it up. And tomorrow it’s supposed to be near 70. Which brings me to another part of my new mindset, a rhetorical question this time: Why stress when it’s gorgeous outside?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home