Saturday, March 04, 2006

Pug-a-licious

If there is one type of dog in this world I have ever been tempted to adopt, it is the pug. Today I spent part of the afternoon working at Savor the Flavor, a coffee shop in Lincoln Park, where the owner occasionally allows her pug to romp around among the customers. This dog is quiet, small, and well-mannered but has loads of personality, pretty much like every pug I've ever met.*

Some people might place pugs decidely in the "puntable" category, but I have a feeling these little guys are so packed with muscle and moxie that they wouldn't let you get away with attempting a kick. I imagine a pug might grab hold of the punter's leg and not let go.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm a cat person now and forever. But I think I'd be eternally happy with a cat or two and a well-behaved, potty-trained pug in my life. Too bad they don't typically come that way.

*The first pug I ever met was Penny, the loveable yet perhaps somewhat less well-mannered pug from the house at the end of Marianne Road.

photo from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PugPetronije.jpg

2 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Oh man. Penny was the best. Remember how you could pick her up by her harness and her little legs would spin around in the air?

10:00 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I would NOT recommend Savor the Flavor on Sheffield/Lincoln in the Lincoln Park neighborhood in Chicago. The owner is a terrible person. I like to support independent business, but will not go there after being treated poorly several times. The worst of which was one day after coming home from a 8 hour chemotherapy treatment when she was so crazed over her pug that she got all stressed about making a grilled cheese sandwich and I ended up leaving because she was so rude to my aunt and mother.

She also does not take care of her pug named Felicity. The dog is horribly overweight.

buyer beware

3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home