Sunday, November 12, 2006

Down but not out...

This weekend is all about football. Yesterday, I watched my poor alma mater get pummelled by our rival via a satellite feed from NESN to a bar in Wrigleyville. Sure it was hard to watch, but I regained confidence in the superiority of my school when I saw the latest version of the anti-Williams shirt that the Amherst kids were wearing. It read simply: "Amherst:Williams/ Chocolate:Poop" Juvenile, yes. But hilarious and remarkably astute as well.

Tonight, we shift our gaze to the NFL. The Giants, team of my youth, take on the Bears, my current home team. All season, the Bears have looked great... until last weekend, that is. They're pretty unpredictable it seems, but I can't help rooting for them. Sure Grossman looked, well, gross last Sunday but I'm hoping he can redeem himself tonight. We'll see. Until then, help me sing this song...

Bear down, Chicago Bears
Make every play, clear the way to victory!

Bear down, Chicago Bears

Put up a fight with a might so fearlessly!


We'll never forget the way you thrilled the nation

With your T-formation


Bear down, Chicago Bears

And let them know why you're wearing the crown!


You're the pride and joy of Illinois,

Chicago Bears, bear down!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home