Wednesday, November 01, 2006

'Tis the Season...

I know what you're thinking.

You're thinking: "Wait a minute! 'Tis so NOT the season yet!"

But look at the calendar my friends. November 1st. That means the holiday juggernaut has been put in motion. Look around. See the Christmas lights in Walgreens? See the tinsel lining the shelves?

'Tis the season? You bet your sweet bippy.

Instead of grumbling about the rampant over-commercialization that is the modern "holiday season," I say let's embrace it. I for one will be breaking out the Christmas carols in the next few days. I'll probably have to wait on the garlands and lights though; I think Baker might strangle me in my sleep if I push my early holiday cheer on him too soon.

But hey, it's like I always say: if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. So start wearing your Santa hat around and wishing everyone a "happy, happy." They might give you a bewildered look or simply glare back, but you won't care. You're already going to be in the holiday spirit, with a warm glow in your heart and a merry glint in your eye...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why can't it be Christmas the whole year through! love, TBC

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home