Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My get-up-and-go musta got up and went...

I am currently attempting to rewrite a paper for which I received a less-than-stellar grade. Every time I sit down with my computer to work on this project, I decide that I would rather stick burning hot needles into my eyes than look at this paper again, and inevitably I end up looking up recipes that use basil or planning my courses for next fall. It's become so bad that I feel close to exhausting all my sources of procrastination.

Meanwhile, I wonder why doing this rewrite has become so excrutiating. Or really what I wonder about is how my tolerance for such pain got so low. In the height of any given finals period, I've been known to withstand great waves of crippling frustration and mind-bending paper-writing agony in 2 or 3-week stints. But now, when I have virtually nothing else to work on except this one paper, I've been reduced to a spineless, whimpering mound of jelly with not even an ounce of willpower left. I don't know what's happened.

I'd like to blame it on the heat. That would be convenient, eh? But damn it, the 5-day streak of 98 degree temperatures is about to end. Then I'll have no excuse. Argh. Maybe it's just the fact that it's summer, and the elementary school student in me still just wants to play all day. I hope she gets it out of her system soon, cause this paper definitely ain't going to re-write itself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home