Monday, September 13, 2004

In Limbo

Well I'm starting to get antsy. Given that I've been ensconced in academia for as long as I can remember, I have never spent this much of September sitting on my duff. Usually around this time each year, the first test is looming and the leaves are starting to turn. This year, it's 85 degrees and I'm still twiddling my thumbs like it's August 13th.

Information arrived in the mail regarding orientation, meetings, etc. but those are still a week away! Meanwhile, I'm commuting to "work" everyday and doing things like trying to find the perfect pair of cheap-but-attractive-and-incredibly-functional-go-with-everything shoes (which don't exist, by the way, in a size 9 and 1/2.)

I guess it works out well since this is my peak marathon training week. It'd be nice if my legs weren't as creaky and sore as they are, but I think that's kind of the point. Plus they'll have three weeks of taper in which to refresh and rejuvenate themselves.

So I guess there's no real exciting news to report besides my shoe hunt and "Mission: Eliminate Roaches," which I enacted today by laying out a minefield of CVS brand bait trays. I'll update soon on the progress of this strategic maneuver.

P.S. I must admit I was somewhat reluctant to post today after the stinging comments I received in response to my last post. I will counter those remarks by saying:

A. I like my cortex of my brain mind head and,

B. soy nuts are DELICIOUS and cheap so bite me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, fake crab. it can put you off seafood for months. i first encountered it in the AP cafeteria, sold under the fanciful name "sea legs." can you imagine -- SEA LEGS? i have one simple rule about faux seafood (expanded last spring to include anything sold by the Long John Silver's fast food chain): look at it all you want, talk about it to your heart's content, but NEVER NEVER put it in your mouth. love, TBC

4:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home