Friday, March 04, 2005

East Meets Middle East

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with my Chinese friend, and I'm going to introduce her to middle eastern food at a Lebanese restaurant in Hyde Park. I hope she likes it, but it's a tough one to predict. She can't tolerate cold beverages, and she told me she once passed out after drinking ice water with a meal.

Aside from that the theme of this weekend is Baudelaire. I'm going to be getting quite cozy with the bitter, Parisian dandy and a few of the critics who have dissected his work ad infinitum. I hope to emerge with something half-readable.

So, Keskun! I'll be enjoying hummus and baba ghanoush tonight, hoping chick peas and eggplant don't have adverse effects on my friend's delicate constitution. Happy weekend to all.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever get rich enough to breed racehorses, I'm going to name my first live foal Baba Ghanoush! Could there be a better name anywhere on earth? GPL, TBC

1:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home