Monday, March 07, 2005

Cruel Winter

I tell myself every year I'm not going to let it happen, but I fall for it every time. When that first warm day rolls around every March (i.e. yesterday), I always take it for granted. "Oh," I think, "spring has arrived."

But oh how dangerous that is. I went for a gorgeous run, soaking up the sunshine along the lakefront in just a tee shirt. But my body apparently wasn't ready for the abrupt change in temperature and the longer run. And now I feel like poo.

It didn't help that I left the house this morning in just my anorak because it was fifty degrees. Who knew the temperature was going to fall twenty degrees in twelve hours?

I knew, or at least I should have known. It's March 7th for goodness sake! It's still winter. And yet I never learn. And here I am, shaking, every muscle fiber aching, and I have only myself to blame. (Well perhaps that's not entirely true.)

Damn you, March, and your cursed spring teaser days. Next year, I'll show you. Next year I'll wear hat and mittens through till April, no matter what the temperature is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home