Saturday, April 23, 2005

Please Pass the Ritalin

I have ADHD. Or ADD (if that still exists and has not been subsumed by the preceding acronym.) I know it’'s cliché now to make this joke, but sometimes it just feels so true. And since I don’'t believe the symptoms of ADHD constitute a real disease, I think I can legitimately diagnose myself with it.

It’'s just that... well, let’'s follow my train of thought for a minute or two here to see just how serious this attention problem has become. Frustrated that none of the usual blogs I read had been updated today, I decided to seek out new ones, which I knew would be dull and unsatisfying, but, well I need some outlet for procrastination. I found the blog of a fellow U of C student (one who happens to be in one of my classes) and after overcoming the creepy stalker feeling, I read until I found a link to a New York Times article of which I then read the first paragraph and a half or so. Then I remembered I had Lifesavers in my purse, so I pulled those out and peeled down the label until the next available candy was accessible. Then I realized that there was some sort of contest going on in those spiraled shreds of label. So I carefully pried the outer label off to see if I'’d won. (I hadn'’t.) Then I finally turned back to the computer, rediscovered the New York Times article I’'d started, and wondering what had possessed me to follow a link to a story about 12-year-old figure skaters from North Carolina.

Argh. And of course what I really need to be doing is reading more poor little strained peepers off. I guess I'll get back to that now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should check out a blog my sister recommended to me-postsecret.blogspot.com i think it's really interesting and a great concept.
amy

10:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home