Tuesday, June 07, 2005

It's getting hot in here...

Man it's hot. Yeah I know it's only the beginning of the summer. Not even really. But my body is already pissed off. I wake up sweating. I feel faint. It's awful.

Of course it is nice to be able to sit outside and have dinner on a patio (which I did here last night) when it's finally a comfortable temperature at 8 o'clock at night. For now I'm just chillin' (literally) in the med school library, lingering so that I can enjoy the A/C a little longer, even though I just finished my last paper, mediocre as it is.

Not even one little tiny iota of me wants to go back to my apartment and pack. There are boxes open, debris everywhere, packing type and bubble wrap strewn about... it's a war zone. And every time I begin a new task, I'm reminded how much I absolutely despise packing. Especially for the third time in four years. In the summer. During the first real heat wave. Why does that always happen?

So for now I'll just sit here, listening to WQXR on my headphones, and pretend those boxes aren't waiting for me. Maybe they'll just go ahead and pack themselves...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home