Sunday, July 16, 2006

Frying in Chi-town

It's hot.

But apparently, it's not just hot here in Chicago. It seems to have hit 115 degrees in Pierre, South Dakota, today. That makes the weather here seem practically polar.

Anyway, even though I almost died in the probably 15 minutes in total I have spent outside of any air-conditioned indoor space, many people have chosen to live their lives as if everything were completely normal. The Gay Games continue at locations throughout Chicagoland. The Cubs are playing. People are throwing cow chips. If you were viewing all this activity from the comfort of your living room, you almost wouldn't realize the heat was so oppressive... until you tried to walk outside and slammed into the giant wall o' humidity. I'm sorry, but if I can't even stand outside for less than 5 minutes without completely pitting out my tee-shirt, then there's no reason I should be compelled to ever leave the climate-controlled cocoon in which I have ensconced myself. It's just not worth it.

Meanwhile, let's all say a little prayer for my digital camera, which went M.I.A. last weekend and for which I have given up all hope. He was a loyal friend, except for the pesky red-eye he inflicted on everyone, and I like to think he's gone to a better place. Needless to say, my blog will be sorely lacking in photographic displays until a new camera can be procured. If you'd like to speed this process along, I am happy to accept any and all donations toward the purchase of this new Canon PowerShot SD450. Think about how much you will benefit from this donation and all the beautiful pictures you will soon enjoy. Operators are standing by...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home