Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Deutschunterricht

Yes, that's right. I'm taking German. (For those of you not familiar with the language, this post's title means "German lessons.") Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to roam the streets of Munich or Berlin making friendly conversation with my fellow street-roamers any time soon; the course I'm taking is called "German for reading purposes."

And it's going to kick my butt big time. By Thursday, I've got to teach myself the first 6 chapters of our textbook, do a translation, and prepare for a quiz. So much for summer vacation.

Viel Erflog to me...

p.s. The first cool thing I've learned about the German language is that all the nouns are capitalized. I think I like that. It changes the significance of name and identity. If an apple becomes an Apple, does it become equal to a John or a Mary? Something to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home