Sunday, December 10, 2006

Say Cheese

This afternoon Baker and I had our picture taken for an engagement photo. This whole shebang was a generous gift from his parents. There was no pressure, of course, but still, I was nervous. I don't really do professional photo shoots and I usually consider myself not that photogenic. But I guess these attitudes are pretty universal, so it's not as if I were any more unprepared than the next guy.

Anyway, we arrived at our photographer's studio, and he started snapping away. We were told to turn this way and that, and within minutes my smile muscles began to ache. The photographer and I quickly discovered that I have absolutely no natural "posing" ability. (There goes my professional modeling career.)

Still, I think we managed to avoid the really cheesy poses (no gazing into each other's eyes) and when he downloaded what he had in his camera onto his computer, I was pleasantly surprised that several of them seemed to turn out quite nicely. There were of course several in which I had my eyes half-closed, but these shots were relatively few and far between.

So I guess you could call it a success. Not that I'll be going in for head shots next week or anything, but all in all, it was a positive experience. And now we'll have a visual aid to give those relatives who ask, "You're marrying WHO?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home