Wednesday, November 24, 2004

The Big Chill

It looks like winter is finally heading to Chicago. We might even get some snow today...

Of course this would be the morning I decided to take Baker running on one of my favorite routes along the lake. I told him the view was spectacular. And as always, it was; it's just that it's hard to appreciate the skyline when a wall of wind has planted itself right in front of you. The waves were so big on the lake that they were crashing into the seawall and spouting up like geysers, sending a nice shower of spray onto us. When we finally crawled our way up to the designated bridge that led us back west over Lake Shore Drive, the entire right side of my body was numb.

But this is nothing, I'm sure. I mean it was still above 40 degrees. Tomorrow, the day of our Turkey Trot, the high is only 35. I just hope my taste buds thaw out in time for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home