Sunday, May 07, 2006

Shoe Fetish


If there were ever a girl not to have such a fetish, I thought it was me. In fact, I distinctly remember opening a friend's closet in high school and failing to understand why she had 3 pairs of black strappy sandals. She insisted they were different, pointing out that one pair had three straps over the toe and one had two, while one pair had a silver buckle and another didn't.

I still tend to wear the same pair of shoes until they fall apart but I think I am beginning to appreciate the finer points of footwear. I couldn't resist buying these two pairs Friday at Payless. It's hard to feel guilty spending 35 bucks on two pairs of shoes, and surprisingly, last night I walked almost a mile all told in these babies pictured below without even the hint of a blister. I'll test the ones on top this afternoon.

They are Payless shoes after all, so the comfort level is always questionable. Still, I do think that Payless has dramatically improved the style and quality of its shoes from what they were a few years ago. And $15 is about all I can afford for shoes right now, so call me satisfied.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home