Monday, May 15, 2006

Happy (Belated) Birthday to Me!

Yesterday was my birthday and two days ago I threw a party for myself. We went all out with streamers, balloons, and even funny silver swirly decorations I found in the party store and couldn't resist. I also couldn't resist the special light-up margarita glass that had "Birthday Girl" written all over it (not literally, but what screams "It's my birthday!" if not a glowing pink margarita glass?)

And now all the hoop-la is over and I'm left here, one year older, with a first-year PhD. exam staring me in the face. It's a wee bit depressing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were 26 again I wouldn't waste a precious second being depressed! come to think of it, at 61 the same rule applies. GPL, TBC

3:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home