Sunday, October 03, 2004

Weekend Wrap Up

Before you do anything, please read yesterday's post.

Now on with our regularly scheduled program...

I just got back from a great run along the lakeshore. I'm really going to miss those once the winter rolls in, but I'm pretty much determined to bundle up and get out there at least once a week despite the cold. Anyway, it was my last real run before the marathon, and I have to say, I feel really ready. I just hope I can keep the adrenaline in check long enough to finish the race at a steady, conservative pace.

Last night, my roommate made Indian food for herself, her ex-boyfriend, and me. Yes, we were sort of a strange group but we had a great time nonetheless. She made dal with rice, spicy potatoes, and chicken marinated in yogurt and spices. I know what you're thinking at this point: "How did Dana (a.k.a. Little Miss Tender Tongue) handle all that spice?" Well, I got a serving of potatoes scooped out for me before the real spice was added, and the chicken was not all that bad. Plus I had a little bowl of yogurt to slurp from every time I felt the sparks ignite in my mouth.

Tomorrow I begin my teaching assignment, and since next week is going to be a tad on the busy side (ha!) I should probably get going and attend to that, ahem, studying I should be doing. Before I sign off, however, I need to make an addendum to my Top Ten List (parts 1 and 2). Here it is:

11. Hyde Park Produce

This little shop has cheap fruit of reasonable quality and 99-cent spices. They also have interesting tofus, honeys, and other goodies. I'm a big fan, and I'm planning to make a second trip today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home