Monday, September 27, 2004

First Day of Skoo

I'm still alive! No, seriously, it was wonderful/bizarre to be back in school. I mean, yes I never really left, but boy oh boy do I enjoy being back on the receiving end of the flow of knowledge and wisdom.

I had two classes today, one at 9:30 and one at 4:30 with a big bunch of nothing in between. Next week, I'll start "teaching" and I'll have a lector session thrown into the void there, and I will always have enough reading to do to occupy all those other hours, but today I was a little bit at loose ends. I discovered and sampled food or coffee from two campus coffee shops, Ex Libris in the basement of the library and the Divinity School coffee shop, which claims to be "where God goes for coffee" or something along those lines.

My afternoon class, it turns out, goes from 4:30 to 6:30 (as opposed to 6), two hours of the day which I like to call "Dana's cranky/stupid time," making those a most excellent two hours during which to participate in a discussion of contemporary (read: opaque and abstract)literature conducted entirely in French. Oh well. It's only two days a week.

Tomorrow I have a glorious morning off, and a three-hour whammy in the afternoon- a class taught in English, however, a real saving grace. After a few hours of French, it seems, my brain just starts to smoke and smell funny. I hope that goes away soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home