Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Welcome back

Back-to-school day. Everything is going fine so far except for these nagging moments of realization I keep having: as nice it is to settle back into a routine (definitely my comfort zone), there are aspects of every routine that suck.

My first moment of realization, slamming into me like a hammer on a nail, was the alarm clock this morning. In case you haven't already experienced it in your life, six o'clock is EARLY, too early in fact, as to allow for comfort and refreshedness upon awakening. I have felt slightly sick all day because I had to drag myself out of bed at this ungodly hour.

Meanwhile, my computer seems to have disappeared into the abyss that is the Dell factory in Tennessee (or somewhere similarly remote) and no one will tell me what has happened to it or when (or if) I might expect it to return. And when I took off my bathing suit after swimming this morning, the thing basically disintegrated in my hand. The lycra fabric seems to have been compromised by my contortionistic method of getting in and out of the thing and so now it is nothing but a lifeless shrivel of stretched-out blue mesh covered in a whitish elastic dust. Fan-tas-tic.

Meanwhile, since I have no computer, I still have no pictures to post. You will all have to wait.

Thank goodness I have a day off tomorrow. This first day back has been exhausting, and I haven't even had class yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home